Simply beautiful sound, and the lengths Sennheiser will go to achieve it — that is the story of the IE 600. These in-ear devices not only reproduce the detail and emotion of a recording, they transcend it. Because each earphone is a masterpiece. From the hand-finished amorphous metal housing to high-end audio components developed and made by Sennheiser, everything is manufactured to the strictest tolerances. The balanced frequency response and extremely durable materials have been engineered to provide clear, natural voicing and a unique aesthetic that will retain its good looks for decades.
Discover new accents and details
This voicing lends a presence and intimacy that brings listeners closer to the music, allowing them to discover new accents and details. However, arriving at this level of poise and naturalness was not without challenges. When similar sounds occur in a track simultaneously, for instance, it can become difficult for the human ear to resolve all the nuances.
The IE 600 integrates dual two chamber absorbers (D2CA) which capture and attenuate these masking frequencies, revealing even the finest textures of your music.
Lustrous, satiny surface
The wait was worth it — the zirconium alloy from Heraeus Amloy Technologies we chose for the IE 600 has triple the hardness and flexural strength of high-performance steel. Shock-frozen during manufacturing, amorphous metals never have a chance to form a crystalline structure like conventional metals. The result is a lustrous, satiny surface that is extraordinary resistant against corrosion and scratches.
The IE 600 housing is fabricated using metal-powder-based 3D printing that can create any shape imaginable within tight tolerances. Chambers and channels form as part of this additive manufacturing process with no milling required. However, cost does limit the potential applications of this new material.
One of the only places you’ll find it — besides ultra-high-end products like the IE 600 — is in the drilling head of a NASA Mars Rover where extraordinary resilience in extreme conditions is required.
What's in the box:
- IE 600 In-Ear Headphones
- Unbalanced para-aramid reinforced cable with 3.5mm connector
- Balanced para-aramid reinforced cable with 4.4mm connector
- 3 pairs of silicone ear adapters (S, M, L)
- 3 pairs of foam ear adapters (S, M, L)
- Premium carry case with metal serial no. plate
- Cable clip, Cleaning tool & Cleaning cloth
- Presentation box with signed customer certificate User manuals
Features at a Glance:
- Resilient AMLOY-ZR01 amorphous metal housing, 3D-printed in Germany
- Direct, neutral tuning with fast, accurate bass
- 7 mm TrueResponse transducers
- Exceptionally neutral sound thanks to dual resonator chambers D2CA
- Gold-plated Fidelity (+) MMCX connectors for reliable connections
- Choice of para-aramid reinforced cables (3.5 mm, 4.4 mm)
- Adjustable ear hooks and choice of ear tip adapters
- Frequency response: 4 Hz – 46.5 kHz
- 0.06% THD (1 kHz, 94 dB)
- Impedance: 18 ohms