The analogue monosynth reborn
Nothing out there sounds this warm, fat and dirty. Bass Station II is our pure analogue monosynth. We based it on our classic Bass Station, then enhanced every area to make it even bigger, angrier and more versatile.
It has two tuneable oscillators, a sub-oscillator for enormous bass, plus noise and ring modulation. It also gives you two distinct analogue filter types: the classic multi-mode filter and a new acid filter, for a massive variation in sonic possibilities.
Novation decided to put a call out to a handful of their Bass Station II artists to have them create some patches for a new soundpack!
Here’s the roster of analogue noodlers who got involved:
– Nite Jewel
– Cian from Super Furry Animals
– Jeremy from Everything Everything
– Jason Miles
– Victor Parris Mitchell
– Adam Freedland.
Much More Than Bass
This synth can sound as mellow or aggressive as you want. Seek out sweet spots with the filter mod to make it sing. Crank the distortion and it will growl with pent up anger. Push the resonance to self oscillation to create shrieking leads. Bass Station II can sound however you feel.
Easy Controls for Complex Design
Novation has put as many controls as possible onto Bass Station II, so you can totally lose yourself in discovering and creating new sounds. Of course, Novation also laid out all those controls in the clearest and most useful way, to keep sound design as straightforward and fun as possible.
Save and Load Patches
Novation loaded Bass Station II with 64 diverse patches that showcase its huge sonic variation. They’ve also left 64 slots free, so you can easily save and load your own patches on the unit, or in the free librarian software.
Bass Station II’s pattern-based arpeggiator and step sequencer are a fun and immediate way to find new inspiration!
The sequencer lets you record your own notes, ties, rests and rhythms in real time, then store them, recall them and use them with any patch you like. Easily and automatically sync them to your music software or hardware setup, or even add swing to get your groove going.
Connect to Just About Anything
Bass Station II is fully class compliant, so you can plug into anything via USB and start playing. It also has MIDI I/O on 5 pin din ports, so you can connect your other MIDI gear.
You can even connect an external instrument and run it through Bass Station II’s analogue filter and effects!
Features at a Glance:
- Get creative with built-in arpeggiator and step sequencer
- Two filter designs for two very distinct sounds
- Monophonic analog synthesizer keyboard primed for huge bass sounds
- Two discrete filter designs give you two distinct flavors to create your sounds
- Dual oscillators can be hard-synced for tighter, punchier bass
- Sub-oscillator with square, sine, and narrow pulse-width waveforms adds rich, full low end
- Dedicated knobs and faders, and aftertouch allow for very expressive performances
- 64 factory presets, 64 user slots
- Built-in arpeggiator and step sequencer with 32 different rhythmic patterns
- “LFO Slew” feature lets you distort the LFO waveforms for more modulation possibilities
- External input for processing line-level audio signals
- Powered by AC or USB bus power