The KM 184 is a state-of-the-art small diaphragm condenser microphone with a uniform, frequency-independent cardioid polar pattern. Its very natural, transparent sound with very low self-noise and high SPL capability have made the KM 184 a worldwide stage and studio standard for many applications ranging from classical piano to heavy metal drums.
The KM 184 is a universal microphone for studio and stage applications. Its transparent sound makes the KM 184 a superb microphone for acoustic instruments, such as piano, percussion, drums, acoustic guitar, upright bass, violin, cello, woodwinds, and brass. The KM 184 can be used for soloists as well as ensembles. Thanks to its superior off-axis behaviour, the KM 184 is an excellent microphone for stereo and surround recording with perfect imaging. Although the KM 184 is not specially optimized for the human voice, it is often used for classical vocals and whenever sonic authenticity is paramount. Due to its small size, the KM 184 is visually unobtrusive and well suited to TV and radio applications.
- Uniform cardioid pattern without off-axis coloration
- Linear frequency response with a slight treble lift
- Very low self-noise (13 dB-A)
- Low impedance output for long cable runs without transmission losses
- Transformerless circuitry
- Compact size, visually unobtrusive