HX Stomp, Expanded
The HX Stomp™ XL amp and effects processor delivers HX® modeling in a performance-ready pedal with eight capacitive-touch footswitches. The same SHARC® DSP chip found in Helix® enables it to run up to eight processing blocks simultaneously, and the footswitches let you access and control those blocks in powerful ways.
Performance-ready Pedal and Master Controller from the Helix Family of Processors
An expanded version of the compact HX Stomp floor processor, the Line 6 HX Stomp XL boasts the same award-winning Helix family pedigree* but ups the ante by providing eight switches, enhanced MIDI capabilities, and an intuitive pedal editing mode. Like the HX Stomp, the HX Stomp XL serves up eight blocks — amps, cabs, and stomps — per preset, and adds a fourth snapshot per preset for even greater sonic flexibility. Use the HX Stomp XL as a standalone rig or as a command center for your MIDI-enabled gear. And take advantage of its ample I/O to accommodate numerous amp configurations, including 4-cable amp setups. Moreover, the HX Stomp XL contains a 6-switch looper for loop-centric performers, and it’s equipped with a 2-channel expansion jack for expression pedals and additional external switches.
128 inspiring presets
Not only does the HX Stomp XL give you 128 presets for real-world gigging applications, but it also comes loaded with heaps of great tones for instant inspiration. Stock presets are organized by instrument (guitar, bass, keys, acoustic) and application (direct to PA, 4-cable amp routing, etc.), which makes it fast and intuitive to dive in and find tones.
4-cable amp integration
Modern ampists rejoice! The HX Stomp XL has integrated support for 4-cable amp integration. This allows you to front load your FX loop-equipped guitar head with stomps traditionally reserved for the front end of an amp (drives, EQs, filters, wahs, and fuzzes), and back-end effects that tend to sound best after an amp’s preamp section (delay, reverb, and modulation). Not only that, but several of the HX Stomp XL’s presets are also preconfigured for the 4-cable method, which provides a pre-routed template from which to create custom patches.
The HX Stomp XL is much more than a multi-effects amp modeler. Though it can easily replace your current board into the front end of your amplifier, it also boasts enough I/O and control to take the lead in even the most complex guitar setups. Here’s what you get:
- Stereo TS ins and balanced TRS outs minimize noise into guitar and pro-level gear
- FX loop lets you incorporate your favorite stomps anywhere in your chain
- MIDI in/out for traditional MIDI switchers or advanced performance integration
- TRS expression pedal/footswitch jack lets you connect up to two external expression pedals (volume and wah, for example) or expand your switching options by two
- USB connection for computer-based patch management and effortless firmware updating
Capacitive touch footswitches
Following Helix’s lead, the HX Stomp XL boasts eight capacitive touch footswitches and a Helix-inspired pedal edit mode makes designing and recalling presets easier than ever. Simply touch the switch you want to adjust, make the necessary changes, and save. It couldn’t be simpler. The HX Stomp XL allows four snapshots per preset and seamlessly switches between them to add tasty variations to spice up an arrangement. And to keep track of your tones and changes, Line 6 outfitted each of the switches with bright color-coded LEDs. No matter how dark or bright the stage is, you’ll always know what function each footswitch is controlling.
Features at a Glance:
- The processing power of the Helix family in an intuitive 8-switch stomp
- The ultimate standalone travel rig, or a balanced part of any pedalboard/amp setup
- Expansive MIDI capability turns the HX Stomp XL into a complex, MIDI-enabled rig’s command center
- 300+ onboard amp, cab, and stomp models from the Helix family, M-series, and legacy Line 6 products
- World-class polyphonic pitch-shifting effects
- 128 presets to cover real-world gigging applications
- Choose up to 8 blocks per preset
- Save 4 snapshots per preset and seamlessly switch between them
- 24/96 HX audio engine delivers pristine quality and realistic modeling
- Brilliant 2.4-inch full-color display
- FX loop for front- or back-loading stomp effects
- Preconfigured 4-cable amp integration
- True stereo performance from input to output
- MIDI capability for traditional switchers and advanced performance integration
- Doubles as a USB audio interface with re-amp capabilities
- True bypass switching eliminates tone suck on your pedalboard
- Convenient computer-based patch management and firmware upgrades
- Supports third-party impulse responses (IRs)