RedNet 1 connects to your network with a single Ethernet cable. It’s remotely controlled via the network and can be placed anywhere in your facility. It offers eight channels of line-level analogue in and out, with Focusrite’s precision 24-bit A-D and D-A conversion for superb audio performance, and 119dB dynamic range at sample rates up to 192kHz. The rear panel includes standard DB25 connectors for analogue patchbay or breakout cable interfacing.
What is RedNet
RedNet is Focusrite’s flagship range of modular Ethernet-networked audio interfaces that harnesses the power of Audinate’s tried and tested Dante digital audio networking system to bring studio quality sound to any modern audio application. Fundamentally RedNet is an extremely scalable, near zero latency audio distribution system that can be used to expand I/O channel count, interface digital components, and/or bridge between Pro Tools|HD or MADI and the Dante audio network.
Precision Digital Conversion
RedNet 1 can be used simply as a means of converting 8 channels of audio and delivering it somewhere else on the network at near-zero latency. If you need to connect RedNet 1 to your computer there are three methods: 1. The RedNet PCIe card for Core Audio and ASIO applications such as Logic and Nuendo. 2. RedNet 5 for Pro Tools HD, Pro Tools HDX and Pro Tools HD Native via DigiLink connectors. 3. Directly to your computer’s Ethernet port using a standard Ethernet cable (with “Dante Virtual Soundcard”). RedNet Control 2 software provides comprehensive remote control capability via a powerful tabbed browser-like graphic user interface, handling up to 600 devices.
Features at a Glance:
- Reliable, robust digital audio networking for the studio
- 24-bit operation at up to 192kHz sampling rate
- Up to 128 inputs and 128 outputs at 48 and 96kHz
- Superb audio quality with a dynamic range of 119dB
- Proven Dante networking technology uses standardnetworking components
- JetPLLTM technology provides ultra-low-jitter in all I/O units
- Units are hot-swappable, detected and configured automaticallyon plug-in
- Dynamic Range: 119dB
- THD+Noise (input and output) <0.001%
- Input and output 0dBFS reference levels +18dBu (EBU) or +24dBu (SMPTE-RP155)
- JetPLLTM technology minimizes jitter in the conversion process
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 192kHz
- Analog inputs 1-8 via DB-25 connector
- Analog outputs 1-8 via DB-25 connector
- Dante Ethernet port