When it was introduced in 1966, the Yamaha FG proved that a great acoustic guitar didn’t need to cost a fortune. With a focus on great playability, musical tone and outstanding build quality, the original FG180 quickly became a classic with countless careers and hit records starting life on an FG. 50 years since the introduction of the FG acoustics, the new range features the best-ever FG tone and the same great playability and class-leading quality that’s made it the choice of millions of guitarists.
The 800 Series has a louder and stronger sound in the low to mid-ranges, thanks to cutting-edge acoustic analysis technology developed by the Yamaha R&D Division. Yamaha’s engineers have achieved this sound by utilizing analysis and simulation to arrive at the best bracing design without depending on tradition.
Newly Developed Scalloped Bracing
The 800 Series features a new scalloped bracing pattern; an ideal acoustic structure that maintains the durability of the top board, while bringing out more of the natural sound of the instrument.
The Power of Choice
2 body shapes, including an all-new FS concert size; 5 grades featuring different tonewood options; a myriad of color options; acoustic or electric-acoustic models. Whatever the personality of your music, there’s an FG to match.
Made in Yamaha
Every aspect is crafted to make a better guitar. From painstakingly cured and dried woods to beautiful hand-sprayed finishes and detailed quality control, each and every FG is made to be a lifelong partner.
Features at a Glance:
- 12-string version of Yamaha's FG820 acoustic guitar
- Solid spruce top yields a well-rounded, articulate sound with excellent projection
- Mahogany back and sides enhance midrange frequencies while maintaining top-end clarity
- Scalloped bracing accentuates low frequencies and increases projection
- Great-feeling Standard-shaped neck topped by an easy-playing rosewood fingerboard
- Eye-catching cream-colored body and fingerboard binding
- Makes a quality first instrument or top-notch backup