Product Condition: Demo/Display Model
Become a Better Drummer, Faster
When you’re serious about drumming, you need a kit to match your ambition. The V-Drums TD-17 series lets your technique shine through, backed up with training tools to push you further. Combining a TD-50-class sound engine with newly developed pads results in an affordable electronic drum kit that’s authentically close to playing acoustic drums—accurately mirroring the physical movement, stick coordination and hand/foot control that every drummer needs. Meanwhile, an array of built-in coaching functions will track your technique, measure your progress and increase your motivation. Becoming a better drummer is still hard work, but the TD-17 can help you get there.
Authentic Playing Feel and Skill-Building Tools
If you regularly play acoustic drums, you shouldn’t have to change your playing style to use an electronic drum kit. You can use the same playing techniques you’d use on an acoustic kit, without compromise, thanks to the large 12-inch snare* and a natural feeling hi-hat** that can even be mounted on an acoustic hi-hat stand. And being based on the flagship TD-50 sound engine, the sounds faithfully reproduce the character and tone of acoustic drums, with lightning fast response time.*PDX-12 12” snare pad included with TD-17KV and TD-17KVX only**VH-10 hi-hats included with TD-17KVX model only
The Essential Tools to Improve Your Drumming
First thing’s first: drummers should be able to keep a solid beat before moving on to the exciting stuff. But mastering the basics is exciting too, as it provides a solid foundation for building your skills, not forgetting that tracking your progress is highly motivating too. The TD-17 module includes a Coach Mode to support your daily exercise regime. You can warm up, develop your sense of groove, tempo and timing, and even work on your stamina—all with a score that tells you how you’re doing.
Join Your Favorite Band, No Audition Necessary
Although playing endless drum solos is undeniably fun, it only takes you so far. Push your drumming further by playing along with your favorite bands, or rehearse the tunes you’ll be playing on stage. Wirelessly stream favorite songs from your smartphone to the TD-17 via Bluetooth audio, and hear the entire performance through your headphones. You can even record your performance and then listen back, to decide where you need to improve.
Performance under Pressure, For Years to Come
Roland V-Drums are built to be reliable—from the sound module, to the pads, right down to the pedals; each component must deliver, across every scenario and in every performance. The pads and pedals used in the TD-17 series are engineered to take a beating, but their playability also endures. And as your skills and ambitions grow, you can expand your TD-17 by adding an extra crash cymbal or second snare—safe in the knowledge that you’re using the same durable components favored by pro drummers.
Features at a Glance:
- Sounds, pads, and features inspired by Roland’s top-level V-Drums
- 50 kits + 310 drum/percussion sounds inspired by the flagship TD-50
- Tunable mesh pads deliver a custom playing response
- Weight-optimized cymbals swing and sway like the real thing
- 12″ PDX-12 snare pad is a smooth transition from acoustic snares
- KD-10 kick pad is stable and dynamic
- Importable drum samples via SD/HC card (not included); can be saved to 50 user kits
- Virtual tuning, muffling, strainer tension, and snare buzz
- Adjustable reverb, compression, and EQ per pad
- Global bass and treble controls
- Onboard Bluetooth 4.2 transceiver — streams music from your phone or sends MIDI data out
- MIDI over USB and 5-pin output — trigger virtual instruments within your DAW
- Audio over USB — capture pre-mixed audio for song building and safekeeping
- Multi-pin cable harness included — inputs for Kick, Snare, Tom1, Tom2, Tom3, Hi-Hat, Crash1, Ride, Ride Bell, and Hi-Hat Control
- Two additional 1/4″ dual-trigger inputs — inputs for Crash2 and Aux
- Includes MDS-Compact drum stand