Whether you’re launching clips in Ableton Live or composing in any other major DAW, you want streamlined, tightly integrated control over your music creation process, and that’s just what you get with the Novation Launchkey 61 Mk3. Its predecessors have been runaway best-sellers at MiTech Direct, and Novation has taken all the user feedback from the previous iterations and plowed it into a third-generation MIDI keyboard controller that’s improved in every way. Packing hot new features like Scale and Chord Modes, a powerful arpeggiator, and larger velocity-sensitive pads with optimized response, the Launchkey 61 Mk3 is more intuitive to use than ever — and the quickest way to get your music from your head to your speakers.
New Scale Modes
Perhaps the most exciting new feature of the Launchkey 61 Mk3 is its eight onboard Scale Modes. We all use modes, whether we realize it or not. Now with the 3rd-gen Launchkey, you can lay down a smokin’ Mixolydian bass line or rock out a sweet solo in Dorian mode without getting bogged down in music theory. (Of course, knowing a little theory never hurt any musician!) Scale Modes transpose the keys you play into notes of the scale you’ve chosen. You just select your root note and the scale you want, and then play. No matter how accomplished a keyboardist you are, Launchkey will streamline your creative process and expand your musical vocabulary.
New Chord Modes, Arpeggiator, and Mutate
Chord Modes change the Launchkey MK3’s keys and pads into an interactive control surface for music exploration, in which every note you play is tonally and harmonically associated. The arpeggiator lets you explore new ideas and nail the perfect melodies quickly, while the mutate function reassembles your patterns into exciting new musical statements.
New Custom Modes
Custom Modes simplify communications between controller and software, putting more power than ever right at your fingertips. Programmable using the browser-based Novation Components tool, Custom Modes let you customize the behavior of your Launchkey, giving you total mastery over control assignments, MIDI routing, pad color, and more.
New Connect your external gear
If you use external gear with a 5-pin MIDI DIN connection, the Novation Launchkey 49 has you covered. Connect your hardware synths and devices to your rig and control everything from your Launchkey, whether you use it standalone or with a computer. Previous-generation Launchkeys didn’t have this feature, and we’re very happy that Novation has included it on the Launchkey 61 Mk3!
New Larger, more sensitive pads, and more
The Launchkey platform has always been about unfettered musical expression, and the MK3 revision carries this mantra forward. The Launchkey 49 MK3’s larger velocity-sensitive pads give you greater control over dynamics, while its eight fixed rotary knobs bring your software instruments to life with effortless, real-time performance control. Integration with Ableton Live is airtight, with a dedicated button for activating Capture MIDI functionality, plus track arm, quantize, and click and looping controls, so you can fly around your Session quicker and easier than ever.
Designed for Ableton, works with any major DAW
Many musicians at MiTech Direct use Ableton and love the streamlined workflow they get from Novation’s Launchkey controllers. That’s because Novation designed the Launchkey’s controls to integrate immediately and seamlessly with Ableton Live. All the controls are completely assignable, however. And if you do use another major DAW, the Novation Launchkey 61 will instantly map to it. Launchkey has full integration with Logic and Reason, plus native functionality with other major DAWs, including Studio One, Cubase, and Pro Tools, via HUI.
Hit the ground running, right out of the box
Whether you’re just starting out or locked in the groove, Launchkey is the keyboard controller that takes you further on your musical journey. Shipping with a powerful software bundle of virtual instruments, plug-ins, and sample packs that includes Ableton Live 10 Lite, Serato Sample LE, Spitfire Audio LABS Expressive Strings, XLN Audio Addictive Keys, Klevgrand R0Verb and DAW Cassette, AAS Session Bundle, a two-month Splice Sounds membership, and the Novation Sound Collective; Launchkey 61 gives you everything you need to hit the ground running, right out of the box!
- Ableton Live 10 Lite DAW software
- Serato Sample LE
- 2 months Splice Sounds membership
- Spitfire Audio LABS Expressive Strings (exclusive for Launchkey MK3 owners)
- Your choice of XLN Addictive Keys instrument with product registration
- Klevgrand R0Verb and DAW Cassette
- AAS Session Bundle
- Sound Collective (get a new free plug-in every couple of months)
Features at a Glance:
- Optimized for Ableton Live with immediate access to all the controls you need
- Instantly maps to most major DAWS
- 61 velocity-sensitive synth-style keys
- Easy-to-read 16 x 2 character screen
- 16 RGB backlit velocity-sensitive pads
- Pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 8 rotary knobs, 9 x 45mm sliders
- 5-pin MIDI out socket
- Arm/select buttons
- Octave up/down buttons
- Play/stop/record/loop button
- Track navigation buttons
- Capture MIDI/quantize/click/undo buttons
- One-touch access to Ableton’s Capture MIDI feature
- Stop/solo/mute buttons
- Scene launch button
- Device select/device lock buttons
- Arp/scale/fixed chord buttons
- Powerful arpeggiator takes you melodies to the next level
- Scale modes transpose keys and pads to notes in the selected scale
- 3 chord modes (fixed, scale and user) let you trigger chords with one finger
- 4 Custom Modes for creating unique control setups for any performance or studio rig
- USB B socket, Kensington security slot
- Sustain pedal 1/4-inch jack socket
- USB bus powered; power supply not included
- Includes USB A to B cable
- Included software bundle