The Powercab® 112, Powercab 112 Plus, and Powercab 212 Plus active speaker systems were specifically designed for use with modelers. Your amplification and speaker system is responsible for at least half of your tone and also determines how your modeling rig feels and responds to your playing—so why play through anything incapable of making your modeler sound as true to your intended tone as possible?
Full Range, Flat Response
If you are happy with your modeler’s onboard cabinet models and just want to hear the sound of your presets amplified, simply connect the modeler to a Powercab, select Flat mode, and play. Custom coaxial speakers with high-frequency compression drivers provide the benefits of a full-range, flat-response (FRFR) speaker system—but with the rapid transient response of guitar speakers, resulting in a more authentic and familiar feel.
Alternatively, bypassing the cabinet models in your presets and switching to Speaker Modeling mode enables you to take advantage of proprietary onboard speaker models—which are not the same as either cabinet models or impulse responses—for a more organic “amp-in-the-room” playing experience. Modeled speakers range from classics such as “Greenback” and “Blue Bell” to modern designs, and may be mixed or matched.
The sound of great amplifiers is due to the speaker as much as the other components, yet until now no one has modeled an actual speaker driver alone, independently from the cabinet it is loaded into. Imagine having an empty speaker cabinet that you can instantly load with any one of several classic speaker types just by pressing a button. Speaker Modeling mode enables you to do just that—virtually—using a new technology developed by Line 6.
Features at a Glance:
- Custom coaxial 12" guitar speaker and 1" HF compression driver
- Integrated 250-watt power amplifier with 125dB peak SPL
- 70Hz-20kHz frequency response and generous headroom supply accurate reproduction of your amp simulations
- 6 realistic guitar speaker models produce the sound and feel of a traditional guitar cab
- Microphone-emulated XLR output allows for direct connection to a PA system
- Foldout kickstands allow for angled backline placement or angled floor monitor usage
- Lightweight design is easy to transport