Styled in a limited-edition reflective silver finish, the Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser Microphone is designed to bring sonic performance distilled from the company's reputable studio condensers to the realm of home recording for podcasters, musicians, and content creators. The capsule features a low-mass, side-address diaphragm with a cardioid polar pattern for rejecting ambience and noise behind the mic, a welcome trait when tracking in untreated rooms. The supplied shockmount isolates the mic from vibration and handling noise while contributing to the "big studio mic" appearance.
The AT2020's extended, linear frequency response enables the flexibility to accurately reproduce signals from a wide variety of sources such as vocals, speech, and instruments. High SPL handling and wide dynamic range allow the AT2020 to capture loud signals with minimal noise and distortion. Since the AT2020 is a solid-state condenser with an XLR output, it should be mated to an XLR-equipped mic preamp capable of sending 48V phantom power.
Studio Quality at Home
Designed for home/project studio applications, this side-address cardioid condenser mic is engineered for extended frequency response and enhanced transient response. With its studio-quality articulation and intelligibility, the AT2020 is ideal for musicians, streamers, podcasters, and other content creators.
Cardioid Polar Pattern
The AT2020's cardioid polar pattern primarily picks up sound in front of the mic while being far less sensitive to sound behind the mic, allowing it to capture your voice or instrument with reduced background noise.
Ready for Daily Use
Along with its rugged construction and high-performance specifications, the AT2020 provides reliability, high SPL handling, and wide dynamic range. It comes with a vibration-reducing shockmount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands, an adapter for 3/8"-16 threaded stands, and a protective pouch.
Features at a Glance:
- Custom-engineered 0.6" low-mass diaphragm
- Extended frequency response and superior transient response
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide great versatility
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of the desired sound source
- Shockmount provides superior decoupling from vibrations
- Operates on 48 VDC phantom power from a range of devices such as portable mixers, desktop audio interfaces, or external mic preamps
- Balanced XLR 3-pin output connector